Workingirls Lingerie is a new brick and mortar store in Montreal's St-Henri that is setting a new standard of retail experience. Offering exclusive designer collections as well as bespoke services, it sets itself apart from other lingerie stores. From couples shopping experiences to one-on-one fittings, the dreamy boutique and spacious dressing rooms enables focus on the customers' needs and desires to create lasting memories and relationships. Workingirls has a unique atelier that offers a wide selection of bespoke garments such as corsets, bras, nightgowns, evening wear, embroideries and accessories.
As the head cutter of Workingirls, I will be supervising the apprentice's progress until the program's completion. Having gained my bespoke skills and knowledge apprenticing at Huntsman, Savile Row, I have had first hand experience of the master-apprentice relationship. This traditional way of earning such a high-skilled craft has enabled some of the greatest talents to shine.
This apprenticeship will offer a unique opportunity to learn the trade I acquired and perfected in London, England. My expertise in lingerie stems from my studies at London College of Fashion, specializing in Contour Fashion (the studies on lingerie). My particular expertise puts me in a unique position to teach a trade otherwise not available in Montreal.
Workingirls Lingerie Atelier is looking for a Fashion Lingerie Tailoring Apprentice to learn and contribute to the growth and smooth running of bespoke production operations. The apprentice will learn a variety of skills from mastering basic stitches to completion of a bespoke garment.
The apprenticeship's duration is solely based on the student's progression in mastering the required skills. Satisfactory completion of this apprenticeship is designed to lead to employment at Workingirls Lingerie.
At Workingirls, we believe in nurturing talent.
Apprenticeship Tasks & Requirements
- Keeping the Atelier clean & orderly
- Assisting head cutter
- A variety of small errands pertaining to the apprenticeship
- Being available at least 2 days/week
Who you are
- You have Minimum 3 years experience in garment making
- You are passionate about lingerie
- You are eager to learn
- You are focused and keen on self-development
- You are meticulous and strive for perfection
- You welcome criticism and use it to improve
- You leave the ego at the door
- You show initiative
- Rare occasion to learn the bespoke lingerie trade
- First hand working experience in the crafting of luxury goods
- Apprentice in a creative, high standard environment
- Employment opportunity upon apprenticeship completion
This is an excellent learning opportunity and is designed to lead to employment upon completion. We are searching for driven and inquisitive individuals. Please attach a cover letter and portfolio to your application. If you are selected for an interview, we also ask that you bring samples of your work.
Better is Good!
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com